Sunday, March 16, 2014

Post your collection: Rings

Most of my rings were bought in the past two years, since I started nail blogging. I don't usually wear rings, especially not in the winter--too fussy with gloves and coats and long sleeves and whatever.

First up, my signature look:
rest of look here

The thin band is my wedding ring, a $6 matte titanium band. (I'm allergic to gold.) Worn on the 2nd knuckle above my wedding band is a Luv Aj brass ring. And The Gareth Pugh ring is also brass. These are the only rings I own that are not questionable metals. As far as I know, the rest of my rings are made of 100% pure cadmium.

I bought a fake version of the above ring as well...in black, from ebay:

4-finger ring from Romwe

Claw ring from Chinatown. I also got this in black. I've worn the black ones a few times, the silver rhinestone one, no.


Also got a black one (got these at century 21)

Worn with a 2-finger cross ring I got in Chinatown


Open ring I got from ebay. Surprisingly it doesn't fall out during wear

Acrylic ring with a real scorpion in it, bought at Evolution

2-finger cross mood ring I bought at Claire's. And my nails look perfect.


When I moved, I threw out almost a shoeboxful of rings. I kept these two for some reason. Amazingly, they were part of a Kelly Ozbourne halloween costume (this was in 2002). From when I worked at a halloween costume shop.  
from this post
Lastly, a sterling silver eye ring with an amber cabochon for the pupil. My mom, who loves amber, bought this for me at a craft fair.

I'd like to have more rings made out of real metals and not junk costume jewelry. I'd also like to have more gemstones. Well, I've got a lifetime to collect, don't I? Have you done a ring collection post? Link in the comments! I'd love to see.

14 comments:

  1. Nice collection; I'm not really a ring (or, indeed nail blogging) person, for various reasons; I have pretty bad eczema on my hands (meaning they're not really suitable for blogging about), plus I have a horrendous habit of fidgeting with rings and can't wear them at university. Nonetheless, I do love a good ring - your claw one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure rings aren't good for any profession when you have to be hands-on on humans. and I, too, have an eczema problem, but cured it through photoshop!

      Delete
    2. Man, I wish you could cure eczema in real life that way. ;)

      Delete
  2. I just picked up a few more rings, so maybe I should do one of these posts.
    That's a really nice collection you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection! ^^
    I have a few rings myself, but I never wear them...I wear my LotR replica a lot, but that's about it, I never even think about my rings. Then again, it's been too cold for wearing anything that might get stuck in my pocket or gloves since last September...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah rings are a pain in the winter! Especially with gloves. I once wore my rings over gloves and that was even more of a pain

      Delete
  4. Wow, those are a lot of amazing statement rings! I don't wear rings a lot because I fiddle with them all the time, and tend to take them off and sometimes lose them.

    Oh and I love the nails, especially the red ones with the black print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, stunning! Your signature look is really YOU, it´s so cool!! And do those open rings really hold up? I have skeleton fingers (which are sort of my natural signature look) and I have a lot of trouble finding rings that don´t fall off of me, not to mention being paranoid if I´d have to wear that open ring hehe.
    This of course brings me to making a ring post! You will know about it when it´s there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, surprisingly the open ring does stay in place. You kind of have to try hard to make it fall out. I don't wear it too often, though. Would love to see your ring post!

      Delete
  6. Rings are one accessory that I almost never wear (other than wedding rings). I really love that Gareth Pugh one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, they are a pain. I rarely wear them myself...except the wedding ring of course.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!!
    טבעות נישואין

    ReplyDelete