Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cut-out Boots

Short post today. Just want to announce that I have no summer shoes and I want these cut-out boots by K.T.Z. From Solestruck: London based high end punk brand K.T.Z. knows how to do S/M style right. Their harness boot is both hard and dreamy. Slight platform, wide leather straps and heavy silver hardware. 1 1/4" heel and 1" platform. Leather upper and lining, man made sole.

http://www.solestruck.com/k.t.z.-harness-sandal-d-womens-black/index.html

It's like the perfect shoe for summer...covers your feet (cause I live in NYC and there's garbage everywhere). It's flat (cause I walk everywhere). Goes with all sorts of styles. And these are like the closest you can get to combat boots without wearing combat boots.

$460 dollars, though. I'm going to probably pass. Especially for a shoe I can't even try on. I rarely order shoes online. I'll pay that much for quality... Think about it... if you wear this shoe for 90 days this year (the summer) it's $5 a wear. If you wear this for two summers, it's $2.50 a wear. Since I don't have a car, I walk to get around...I'd have gladly paid $5 to wear comfortable shoes every time I wore shitty summer sandals or whatever. And I currently don't own a pair of summer shoes. My only summer shoes are the ones in the bottom left...I got those at Claires (claires!!!!)... 5 years ago. the soles are literally pressed paper...and the paper is looking ragged. I also have a pair of Old Navy flip flops too. Trust me...I'm long overdue for some summer shoes. That's my goal for the next few months. As much as the old me disagrees, I can't wear combat boots in the summer anymore! or those crappy sandals.

Do you work some king of mind magic on yourself to justify expensive purchases? Tips for buying shoes online?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I´vre tried..... tried to wear flat sandals, flip flops, platform sandals, high heel sandals... but I always go back to either sneakers or oxford shoes... I hate wearing open shoes especially at summer, it´s dirty and I am paranoid that something will happen and my toes will get damaged/ a finger will break (like seriously..). I´ve tried a pain or sandals a few days ago at a store, they were very cheap and felt like made of cardboard... so I fucked that shit and bought some pointy ballerina shoes that had a very batcave feeling to them and I am happy ever since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah your ballerina shoes are awesome! And i have the same exact fears.

      Delete
  2. I get how you feel. A while ago I bought a pair of New Rocks ($370 easily) and because they are so big and crazy I rarely wear them which is sad. So if you can get more wear than me out of your shoes then I'd say go for it!
    Also I tend to compensate a little with shoes. If I just bought an expensive pair the next pair will obviously have to be waay cheaper.
    These cut out boots are great though. I prefer the post punk feel these have over a pair of cheaper retail fashion boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a pair of New Rock boots about 15 years ago. I wanted to get the CRAZY knee-length with the patent leather and all the crazy shit, but ended up going for the plain leather calf-length reactor boot. I wore them almost every day for like 6 years. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the more crazier style...probably wouldn't have worn it so much.

      Delete
  3. They are very nice indeed :3 But that price... oh man... I would love to have that kind of money right now x'D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing these too, but I have such skinny damned feet that anything that doesn't strap down far enough just ends up looking like a ridiculous cage on my foot. I did order some Jeffrey Campbell hi-top canvas creepers for summer and some "vintage 90s" (god, that makes me laugh) canvas mary jane creepers. I also have dome black Grecian sandals and some pointy-toe perforated leather flats from ModCloth. I went a bit shoe-mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda worried about the cage-foot thing myself. canvas is a perfect shoe for the summer...I'll probably end up buying another one of those.

      Delete