Monday, September 1, 2014

Favorite Makeup on the Web (and my signature look)

I very rarely wear any makeup. A lifetime of skin problems will do that. I also have the habit of wiping my eyes a lot, so forget about eye makeup. When I'm going out, I wear lipstick (did a blog post a while back...I only added a dark red/wine color to the collection since the post)

But I do like looking at makeup online. Here are  few of my favorites.

On instagram, I follow Dollfille. I met her at the BtSSB opening and was blown away by her makeup. They're colorful and her craft is amazing.




YouTube is, of course, the medium for makeup tutorials. Most of the people I follow haven't been posting so much this year.

Solukum79's got one of the best makeup tutorials online in terms of video quality. I don't know how many times I'm watching a video and the person's head ducks out of view, or the person's brush/hand conceals what the hell the person's doing. shitty lighting, etc.

On the other hand, another one of my favorite beauty bloggers, Lhouraii, has some of the worst quality videos I've ever seen, but I love her enthusiasm. She's also my first introduction to gyaru style. I see a lot of goths these days being influenced by gyaru makeup, especially circle lenses and using fake eyelashes and white eyeliner to make your eyes seem bigger (like dollfille up there does). Here's Lhouraii's everyday look tutorial. 
 

On Facebook, I follow KikiMJ. Here's a jawdropping eye look that is easily my most reblogged look on tumblr. She's also got her makeup on DeviantArt. Probably my favorite eye makeup artist.

On Blogger, I follow Madame Nior. I love her wearable dark styles. 

I guess I should share some of my own makeup styles, since that's the theme right? i'm a brows+lips kind of gal, especially since I wear glasses.

My "signature look": dark lips and drawn-in eyebrows...though my hair's all gone now
 Some creative looks I did for outfit posts on this blog:






This post was part of:

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your makeup inspirations! I was hoping to get some new bloggers or vloggers to follow out of this theme. :) Of course, I've been following Madame Noire for ages - I absolutely LOVE her looks!!

    Your photos in this post are a wonderful demonstration of how to completely change one's look just with makeup and hair. Your versatility is amazing and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and thanks for hosting another great theme!

      Delete
  2. I love your eyebrows and glasses photo and I admire the many looks you can pull off. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look completely different with each makeup! o.O
    I like your 'signature look', and the photo too, the dark lipstick - ye glasses combo looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo with you in glasses. I envy those bangs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol wish I had hair. I've been meaning to do DIY video for those bangs since forever

      Delete
  5. Love Madame Noire, obviously, but I'll need to check out KikiMJ. A strong brow and lip is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kikimj is awesome. you should definitely check her out

      Delete
  6. I think the dollfile pic looks very Tim Burton esque- like a gothy anime character- pretty amazing! The photo of you with the hair, and the round glasses, and the pointy drop necklace....*swoon* love, love, love it. I'm also still wicked crazy about your profile pic....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll also have to check out Solukum79- and yes, also a fan of Madam Noire- wish I could have her shipped to me and have her do my makeup... she is amazing!

      Delete
    2. haha thanks. sometime times I get lucky taking photos of myself. lol and I wish I could have anyone else but me do my makeup

      Delete
  7. I have really sensitive skin and eyes so it's the same for me. I get sore eyes even when I practice makeup, so I am lucky I have longish eyelashes and can get away with not wearing makeup! I really admire fancy makeup looks though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, same here. I love looking at other people's makeup too.

      Delete
  8. I love Dollfille, she's amazing!

    There's something romantic, classy and occult about our own looks. That last picture is dreamy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list - I knew some of them but I haven't seen KikiMJ before. I really like the picture of you with the red makeup and the gloves - it looks like fun!
    ~Tea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy all your makeup photos. You really suit a wide variety of looks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look good in glasses! All of those inspirational pictures are gorgeous, and so are you. ^_^ Nice make-up!

    ReplyDelete